A recent TRANSEARCH survey highlighted that servant leadership will be the "new normal". Trust, empathy, resilience and the ability to lead virtual teams will be key.
- Decisions based on transparent KPIs will be more important than ever.
- The employees are highly motivated to find solutions for new requirements.
- Leaders spent more time communicating with employees.
- The speed of decision-making was improved by using digital meetings.
- In times of uncertainty, clear communication helps.
- Employees seek purpose in their daily tasks.
- Leaders need to set clear guidelines and act as coaches. The hierarchy-oriented leadership style will fall into decline.
- Strict time management should be supported by trust, transparency and clear KPI settings.
- New possibilities of flexible working arrangements may help improve productivity and work-life balance.
- Act as a servant leader.
- Check whether your current leaders match your future employees' expectations.
- Manage by targets and results. Avoid micromanagement.
- Adapt your performance management system to the requirements of the "new normal".
- Boost resilience, lean back and trust your people.
TRANSEARCH provides a platform to its network of C-Level leaders for discussions on how to come out of the crisis stronger. For further information about the survey or discussion platform please get in touch with Dr. Carlo Mackrodt or Dr. Stefan Schwaenzl.