Leadership, as it must be, is strategic. It's to step back, see the big picture and, to the extent possible, create tomorrow in the room, today. Covid is but one piece of a chaotic and ever changing political, economic, societal, business and interconnected leadership puzzle. At the centre of all of this is 'the team' … a basic and fundamental blueprint for organisational and personal success.
What follows is intended as a practical guide for:
- Setting the scene for a virtual team.
- A new or established leader who needs to take the team to the next level.
- The executive who feels that, as the organisation navigates the turbulent waters of change, the team is losing its impact.
- The HR executive, division head or external recruitment specialist (e.g., the executive search consultant) who, in orchestrating team fit, needs to understand the team they are hiring into.
- A manager or external resource faced with the challenge of coaching the team.