In the current talent environment, doing everything possible to protect your investment in a strategic hire means committing to a strong Leadership Integration process. An effective process provides the framework for defining what success means for a new leader. The specific design parameters for a virtual Leadership Integration program will vary based on the unique features of the organisation and the demands of the role.
Bedford/Teal set out core elements that should be included in a best in class virtual onboarding program, including:
- Understand their technology needs
- Ensure onboarding goals are clearly defined
- Provide a copy/framework of the on-boarding plan
- Establish a personal reach out process
- Provide an opportunity to debrief from the recruitment/search process