We are in uncharted waters. How leaders conduct themselves today, will add to or detract from their personal reputation well into the future. In times like these - especially in times like these - leaders must lead!
Spending more time at home can be an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills. Explore free online courses for leadership development. The following are available from OpenLearn by The Open University:
- An introduction to business cultures
- Business communication: writing a SWOT analysis
- Business organisations and their environments: Culture
- Commercial awareness
- Communication, management and your own context
- Conversations and interviews
- Developing career resilience
- Developing high trust work relationships
- Developing your skills as an HR professional
- Difference and challenge in teams
- Different types of business
- Employee engagement
- Employment relations and employee engagement
- Exploring career mentoring and coaching
- Facilitating group discussions
- How teams work
- How to frame a business case
- Human resources: recruitment and selection
- Influences on corporate governance
- International management: An institutional perspective
- Introducing a framework for strategy
- Leadership and followership
- Leadership challenges in turbulent times
- Making decisions
- Management: perspective and practice
- Managing and managing people
- Managing local practices in global contexts
- Managing projects through people
- Personal branding for career success
- Strategic view of performance
- Succeed in the workplace
- Sustainable innovations in enterprises
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- Three principles of a coaching approach
- Understanding your sector
- What is strategic human resource management?
- What is strategy?
- Working in diverse teams
- Working in groups and teams
- Working life and learning
- Working with dilemmas
- Workplace learning with coaching and mentoring
There are many more free online courses for leadership development available, including from the following:
As passionate experts in the executive search and leadership consulting industry we build leadership teams for our clients every day. Learn more about TRANSEARCH International and our wide-ranging approach to leadership acquisition and management assessment.
There is little doubt that we are seeing a dramatic shift in the way we work. The 2020 Global Talent Trends Study examines how leading companies balance cost and care to win in an evolving and unpredictable world.
Organisations are facing a complex mix of talent management challenges in a world marked by talent shortage and digital transformation. The following research and analysis presents a set of key skills development tactics to help close the skills gaps.
They say it's not what you know, but who you know that matters and when it comes to the biggest influencers in the recruitment industry, there are few better known and respected than Geoff Slade, Executive Chairman of Slade Group and Consultant at TRANSEARCH International.
Sarah Morgan, Editor of The Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association Australia & New Zealand, speaks with "The Godfather of Recruitment" about his career and the industry as a whole.
"With this article, we set out to show which mindsets and practices are proven to make CEOs most effective. It is the fruit of a long-running effort to study performance data on thousands of CEOs, revisit our firsthand experience helping CEOs enhance their leadership approaches, and extract a set of empirical, broadly applicable insights on how excellent CEOs think and act."
"Disruptive forces are sharply changing how we live and work, creating an imperative for enterprises to rapidly adapt. But there are several areas where the pace of change has yet to catch up with the new realities of business. Chief HR officers and their teams must take the lead with agility and sustain exponential value for the future of human resources."
Diversity and inclusion in the workplace is crucial for attracting and retaining top talent. Frank Galati, Managing Partner at The Bedford Consulting Group Inc. and Managing Partner at TRANSEARCH Toronto, explains why.
The global artificial intelligence market is expected to grow from USD $21.46 Billion in 2018 to USD $190.61 Billion by 2025. This new major market challenges our current methods and demands leaders and organizations that are prepared to work in an exponentially smarter, digital world.
How could a single executive hire create a new vision and transform a business unit in decline - effectively reversing a strategic corporate decision? With our TRANSEARCH Orxestra™ scorecard in hand to guide our path forward, we defined the business scope, outlined potential business strategies and developed the candidate criteria for our search campaign.
Exponential technological shifts are changing the job landscape forever. Continued disruption and uncertainty demand new thinking about organisation design. John Burdett highlights the leadership challenges and questions to consider to attract and retain top talent in an age of digital transformation.
The current global business environment generated by digital transformation is reshaping the roles that make up the executive ranks. Karen Greenbaum shares key ways traditional executive roles are changing to have greater impact in the new business climate.