"The pool of available talent is suddenly both changing and expanding, and visionary leaders can make the most of it, preparing the ground for post-crisis recovery and growth."
In the most challenging of times it is essential that new leaders are integrated quickly and successfully. TRANSEARCH Paris interviewed leaders in new positions to determine the impact of the current situation on their ability to integrate without breaking stride. Anne Chevillotte highlights key findings including the leadership qualities and traits helping new leaders through these difficult times.
Multiple factors combine to determine the ultimate success or failure of a leader. The variables are interdependent and difficult to isolate. But complexity doesn't justify surrender. On the contrary, the study of leadership begs for a more scientific approach. Especially in times of crisis!
What does 'trusted advisor' mean and why does receiving the services of a trusted adviser matter? Ulrich F. Ackermann contributes his insights and experiences to Executive Talent magazine by the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants.
Spending more time at home can be an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and develop skills. Explore free online courses for leadership development. The following are available from OpenLearn by The Open University:
- An introduction to business cultures
- Business communication: writing a SWOT analysis
- Business organisations and their environments: Culture
- Commercial awareness
- Communication, management and your own context
- Conversations and interviews
- Developing career resilience
- Developing high trust work relationships
- Developing your skills as an HR professional
- Difference and challenge in teams
- Different types of business
- Employee engagement
- Employment relations and employee engagement
- Exploring career mentoring and coaching
- Facilitating group discussions
- How teams work
- How to frame a business case
- Human resources: recruitment and selection
- Influences on corporate governance
- International management: An institutional perspective
- Introducing a framework for strategy
- Leadership and followership
- Leadership challenges in turbulent times
- Making decisions
- Management: perspective and practice
- Managing and managing people
- Managing local practices in global contexts
- Managing projects through people
- Personal branding for career success
- Strategic view of performance
- Succeed in the workplace
- Sustainable innovations in enterprises
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- Three principles of a coaching approach
- Understanding your sector
- What is strategic human resource management?
- What is strategy?
- Working in diverse teams
- Working in groups and teams
- Working life and learning
- Working with dilemmas
- Workplace learning with coaching and mentoring
There are many more free online courses for leadership development available, including from the following:
"We all know that developing strategic thinking skills is important, but many don't realise how critical it is to your career advancement to 'show these skills' to your boss and other senior leaders."
There is little doubt that we are seeing a dramatic shift in the way we work. The 2020 Global Talent Trends Study examines how leading companies balance cost and care to win in an evolving and unpredictable world.
The ability to execute and get things done is a key driver of success but can result in unintended costs for the individual, as well as for their teams and organisations. If you sense that you may be overly task-focused, here are some suggestions to re-set your priorities.
Organisations are facing a complex mix of talent management challenges in a world marked by talent shortage and digital transformation. The following research and analysis presents a set of key skills development tactics to help close the skills gaps.
Nancy Nazer shares key mindsets and skill sets that have served her and her team well whilst driving significant organisational change.
Innovation provides much needed solutions in a fast-changing world. Tanuj Kapilashrami explains why leaders are increasingly shifting their focus towards a true culture of inclusion across their organisations to drive diversity and innovation.
Finesse your career prospects so you are positioned to evolve in a sphere where there is room to grow. At some point in your career, this may mean targeting an industry that has richer prospects than the one you have come to know. John Ryan explains what to keep in mind as you tool your reinvention.