TRANSEARCH survey concludes that successful transformation requires a holistic roadmap, the alignment of purpose, tools and clear rules.
- The relation to existing customers did not suffer during lockdown.
- Fewer costs and expenses (e.g., travel, fairs, etc.).
- Processes worked smoothly during lock-down.
- Remote processes drove eﬃciency .
- Companies will continue their transformation and optimisation processes. Dealing with permanent changes will be the "new normal".
- Corporate resilience will be the new buzzword.
- Digitalisation opens up new potential for efficiency improvement and allows easy access to new entrants. Mediocrity will be punished by a click.
- Freed-up budget needs to be reinvested in value-add areas.
- Communication, transformation and digital skills will become scarce resources. Online co-working will require stricter rules for achieving better results.
Recommendations for action
- Think from the client's perspective and adjust all activities and projects accordingly.
- Make the client successful instead of just providing a service - or you are out of business.
- Strengthen digital sales, transformation/change projects and digitalisation roles.
- Focus on executive and talent development and select the right people for system-critical positions to adapt to the "new normal".