A good deal is being written describing the "new normal". There is no need to speculate. We are already living the new normal:
- Ongoing disruption
- A need for a different kind of leader
- The challenge of implementing emerging technology
- Recalibrating the organisation's clock speed to a marketplace ever-demanding of shorter lead times
- The challenge of a millennium workforce
- Gig employment
- Fractures in international relations
- The existential threat we, in passing, refer to as "the environment"
- A severe shortage of top talent
You are starting to describe the world not as it will be, but where we are NOW!
The challenge we face isn't simply about skills and capability. The disruptive, tech-driven, speed-oriented world we have created demands a very different way to think about what it means to be an organisation:
- Agile, and
- Built to learn faster than future competition.
"Today is the fastest things have ever been and the slowest they will ever be."
- John Burdett, Leadership Advisor to TRANSEARCH International
Insights from "Leadership: Moving Beyond The Crisis".