Breakthrough technology, uncertainty and the unprecedented and ever-increasing speed of change demand an organisation that is a fit for the challenges of the 21st century. We are describing not just a better, but a very different kind of way to operate. An organisation built to change; one where disruption, agility and speed of learning dominate the leadership conversation.
Which brings us to the COVID-19 crisis. A crisis has three stages. Stage one: acceptance. Stage two: survival. Stage three: growth. And the winners will be? Those who come out of this crisis stronger.
Amid the veritable avalanche of "me too" advice on how to get through this crisis it is easy to overlook two central questions:
- "How will your business come out of this stronger?"
- "As a leader, how will you personally come out of this stronger?"
"Part One: Coming Down the Mountain" looks at how to come out of this crisis stronger:
- The Three Stages of Crisis
- Letting Go of Our Past
- Following a Script From a Different Century
- The New Normal
- Coming Down the Mountain
- Why Culture Matters
- Next Steps
- Appendix one: 3 X 3: Crisis, Culture and Change
- Mindset Assessment: Will You come Out of This Crisis Stronger?