January 18, 2021
by John O. Burdett
A complementary book series, specifically aimed at enhancing how leaders respond to times of crisis.
The “Leadership: Moving Beyond The Crisis” book series covers concepts such as how to come out of this crisis stronger, culture, leadership agility and learning, what makes great teams. Also included are essential skills to enable us to start having conversations about moving forward while taking appropriate actions.
Read on for more information about the book series.
Coming Down the Mountain – Looks at how to come out of this crisis stronger:
- The Three Stages of Crisis
- Letting Go of Our Past
- Following a Script From a Different Century
- The New Normal
- Coming Down the Mountain
- Why Culture Matters
- Next Steps
- Appendix one: 3 X 3: Crisis, Culture and Change
- Mindset Assessment: Will You come Out of This Crisis Stronger?
The Culture Conversation – Recognising, as we move forward, how important organisation culture is, Part Two outlines the Culture Conversation:
- The Culture Carriers
- Look, Listen, Learn
- The Building Blocks
- Culture Is A System
- Is the Organisation Managing Its Culture?
- What Makes the Business Special?
- One Culture or Many?
- Strategy Versus Culture
- A Team of Teams
- Without Leadership You Ain’t Got Much
- The Orxestra Change Model
- Culture Assessment
Leadership, Learning and Agility: The Way Of The Dolphin – Part Three explores the need for leadership agility and what that implies:
- Agility is a Way to Think
- Bass and the Shark
- Agility and Speed of Learning
- The Way of the Dolphin
- Assessment: How Good a Coach Are You?
Great Organisations Are Built Around Great Teams – Drawing on the reality that tomorrow’s organisation will be a team of teams, Part Four examines what it means to be an outstanding team:
- Who We Were is Who We Are
- It’s All About Culture
- Organisational Lessons from Nature
- The Organisation of Tomorrow
- Building a Great Team
- Team Assessment
When the Trees Get Bigger and the Forest Gets Deeper – It’s Time To Sharpen Your Saw – Part Five moves beyond leadership as a philosophy and drills down into essential skills:
- Are You The Leader They Need?
- Assessing Your Organisation’s Leadership Balance
- If Ever There Was a Time to Listen – It’s Now
- The Listening Tree
- To Lead Is To Care
- 50 Ways To Say You Care – In a Covid World
- If You Are Not Living Your Own Story, You Are Living Someone Else’s
- Resilience Assessment
This article is an extract of content © Orxestra® Inc. The download is available from the TRANSEARCH International website.
John O. Burdett is founder of Orxestra® Inc. He has extensive international experience as a senior executive. As a consultant he has worked in more than 40 countries for organisations that are household names. John has worked on organisation culture for some of the world's largest organisations. His ongoing partnership with TRANSEARCH International means that his thought leading intellectual property, in any one year, supports talent management in many hundreds of organisations around the world. Get in touch with John O. Burdett »