Uncovering, informing, involving, inspiring and successfully bringing on board great candidates draws on six fundamental, hiring building blocks:
- A winning hiring value proposition. People do not join your organisation … they connect with your story.
- The means to define (measure) both the organisation culture you have and the culture you need. Successful recruitment is always strategic!
- A robust performance scorecard.
- The means to define the emerging role-specific leadership competencies.
- In that tomorrow's organisation will be a team of teams, the tools to measure and assess future team fit.
- An integration process that provides the structure, support and the tools to enable newly hired executives to take a leadership role in their own integration. Given the opportunity, leaders lead!
Insights from "Great Candidates Ask Great Questions" by John Burdett.