How do you prepare before commencing your new Executive role? The following suggestions will help:
- Involve the family – the support of your family and closest friends is invaluable, so share your excitement about the opportunity
- Research the organisation's history, key players and culture
- Reflect on what old habits you could let go of, what you need to start and stop doing
- Develop a beginner's mind – be inquisitive and ask lots of questions from day one
- Rehearse your story and be prepared to provide your new team with some insights about you
- Build trust early by being transparent, sharing your personal values, being respectful and understanding
- Thank those who assisted you secure the role, including your referees
Insights from "7 'Must Do' before you commence your new Executive role" by Bill Sakellaris, Managing Director of TRANSEARCH International Australia.
As passionate experts in the executive search and leadership consulting industry we build leadership teams for our clients every day. Learn more about TRANSEARCH International and our wide-ranging approach to leadership acquisition and management assessment.