We are in uncharted waters. How leaders conduct themselves today, will add to or detract from their personal reputation well into the future. In times like these - especially in times like these - leaders must lead!
To lead is to:
- Put the success of the team above personal achievement.
- Effectively communicate what people should expect, how they should conduct themselves and why clear goals and timelines are essential.
- Articulate and embody hope.
- Understand where personal boundaries are … and manage accordingly.
- Reconnect the team to the organisation's purpose.
- Exemplify in your own behaviour what you ask of others.
- Depict and speak to truth in its many forms.
- Recognise that, crisis or not, without tomorrow's customer there can be no business.
Think about how you counsel the teams and people around you. Ask yourself, "Am I the leader they need?"
Insights from "Rising To The Challenge In Times of Uncertainty" published on LinkedIn by Celeste Whatley, Chief Executive Officer at TRANSEARCH.
As passionate experts in the executive search and leadership consulting industry we build leadership teams for our clients every day. Learn more about TRANSEARCH International and our wide-ranging approach to leadership acquisition and management assessment.