We are in uncharted waters. How leaders conduct themselves today, will add to or detract from their personal reputation well into the future. In times like these - especially in times like these - leaders must lead!
To lead is to:
- Put the success of the team above personal achievement.
- Effectively communicate what people should expect, how they should conduct themselves and why clear goals and timelines are essential.
- Articulate and embody hope.
- Understand where personal boundaries are … and manage accordingly.
- Reconnect the team to the organisation's purpose.
- Exemplify in your own behaviour what you ask of others.
- Depict and speak to truth in its many forms.
- Recognise that, crisis or not, without tomorrow's customer there can be no business.
Think about how you counsel the teams and people around you. Ask yourself, "Am I the leader they need?"
Insights from "Rising To The Challenge In Times of Uncertainty" published on LinkedIn by Celeste Whatley, Chief Executive Officer at TRANSEARCH.